The Centre for European Studies (CES) is a cross-departmental and multi-disciplinary research-led learning centre focusing on the study of further European integration and Europe’s relations with the outside world. The CES is founded on Epoka University’s world-renowned teaching reputation and research excellence.
The CES mission is to develop excellence, through innovative teaching, research and continuing professional development in the areas of International Politics, Management and Business and any other discipline with a European focus.
The strategic objectives involve teaching, research and continual professional development and will be implemented through lectures, keynote addresses, seminars, European workshops, debates, trips to European institutions, internships, and other activities.
It is envisaged that the Centre will have a strong ‘student voice’ with both undergraduate and postgraduate students being involved with staff colleagues in the administration of the Centre’s activities.
To reach this objective the Center will:
carry out research projects on:
- the European Union laws, institutions and policies;
- the Europeanization of EU non-Member States;
- European inter-state relations;
- European politics, economy, history and society.
- organize conferences, symposiums, seminars, workshops, public lectures and open discussions;
- provide training courses for the public administration, academia, business and civil society;
- offer MA and PhD degrees;
- provide consulting services to international and national public and private institutions;
- Publish academic research and data through periodical journals and the website.